Cloud Computing Outcomes
Students in the B.S. in Computer & Information Science program develop planning, design, implementation, and support skills in operating systems, networking, software programs, and security. Students develop additional focused skills based on which major the student pursues. Students also learn principles of excellent customer service in order to assist clients with technical issues.
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Science in Computer & Information Science, graduates are expected to:
- Design, implement, and evaluate computer-based solutions that incorporate the appropriate computing requirements identified through the analysis of specific organizational or computing problems
- Function effectively on teams to establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, manage risk, and produce deliverables
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments
- Evaluate and use appropriate technical literature
- Engage in continuous professional development through user groups, associations, conferences, readings, research, and other channels
- Develop and apply ethical and legal best practices in the maintenance and security of information and systems
In addition to the B.S. CIS Program Outcomes, students in the Cyber and Information Security Technology Major learn about installing, securing, testing, and maintaining computer networks.
Upon successful completion of the Cyber and Information Security Technology Major - Cloud Computing Track, graduates are expected to:
- Plan, design, configure and administer a network and security infrastructure
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot a network and security infrastructure
- Assess and implement technical and non-technical security controls to protect an organization from threats and vulnerabilitie