Surgical Technology Overview
Inside an operating room, there is little margin for error. Everything must be precise and well-planned. It’s the job of the Surgical Technologist to make sure all equipment and instruments are right where they should be and readily available.
Known as scrubs or surgical operating technicians, Surgical Technologists work under the direction of doctors and nurses in a team environment.
They’re responsibilities include:
- Setting up surgical instruments, sterile drapes, equipment and solutions
- Assembling and checking equipment
- Positioning and draping patients on the operating table
- Operating lights, suction machines, and diagnostic equipment used during procedures
- Holding and passing instruments and sterile supplies to surgeons
- Holding retractors, cutting sutures, counting sponges, needles and supplies
If this sounds like the career for you, consider 盘点十大线上德州平台 University’s College of Health Science, Medical Careers Institute (MCI). Through MCI’s year-round schedule, you could earn an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Health Science – Surgical Technology in as little as 16 months.